Yellowstone Academy holds annual fundraiser breakfast
Yellowstone Academy, a private school for economically disadvantaged children, held its eighth annual fundraising breakfast on Wednesday, Oct. 20 at the Westin Galleria Hotel.
The breakfast was titled "A Hero Lies in You", as tribute to the new film Waiting for Superman, a documentary by Davis Guggenheim. The film investigates the public education system and the challenges it currently faces.
More than 1,000 guests attended the breakfast, including Texas Lieutenant Governor David Dewhurst and his wife Tricia; Houston Texans General Manager Rick Smith; Houston philanthropist Jack S. Blanton and his wife Ginger; Yellowstone Founders, Kristi and David Lumpkins; Yellowstone Executive Director, Kim Hansen; and first-year Yellowstone Principal, Cherie Singleton.
Founded in 2002, Yellowstone Academy, 3000 Trulley St., is a private, faith-based school serving Houston's Third Ward. Tuition for students is $5 to $10 per month.
It currently has 320 students from pre-K through 7th grade. For more information, visit www.yellowstoneacademy.org
- Lord of Life Lutheran Church to hold grand opening for trade store
- West University Place Zoning Board of Adjustment to meet May 16
- Texas Medical Center announces energy-generating shoe
- Houston Police Department collision call log for March 31
- Houston Police Department collision call log for April 23
Local Advertising by PaperG