West U. residents advised to boil water after water-main break
The City of West University Place is telling residents to boil their water before consuming it, after a water-main break this morning near the intersection of Bissonnet and Wakeforest Streets.
"We believe [the break happened] around 4 o'clock this morning," says city spokesperson Wendy Standorf. "They are working to locate the cause of the water main break."
The city said in a notice to residents that it has lost water pressure, and that boiling is a precaution against bacteria and "other microbes" that might enter the water supply. "The water should be brought to a vigorous, rolling boil and then boiled for two minutes."
"We will send out an update through Code Red, and we'll also update to all the media as the situation progresses, just to keep everyone up to date and informed," Standorf says.
Anyone with questions can reach the city at westutx.gov or 713-662-5826.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston ISD Elementary School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston ISD Middle School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston ISD Elementary School's breakfast menu, May 20-24
Local Advertising by PaperG