Rice University expert to discuss overturn of Proposition 8
Rice University gender and sexuality expert Brian Riedel will discuss the 9th U.S. Court of Appeals' decision to overturn Proposition 8, the ban on same-sex marriage, in California.
According to a press release, Riedel said the court's ruling "is a significant win for those in favor of marriage equality. However, it is not nearly the end of the national debate."
Riedel also teaches an introduction to LGBT studies at Rice University, 6100 Main, Houston. He earned his Ph.D. in anthropology from Rice and his bachelor's degree in anthropology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 5
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 4
- City presents seven with Star Citizen award
Local Advertising by PaperG