Artists open solo exhibits for Fotofest
Two Houston artists, Kristy Peet and Britt Ragsdale, will be opening two solo shows from 8-10 p.m. beginning on March 31 for the FotoFest 2012 Biennial at Gallery 1724, located at 1724 Bissonnet St. in Houston.
Kristy Peet, whose large-format photography deals with psychological issues, will feature her series “How I Will Die,” a photo exploration of hypochondria and mortality. She currently teaches photography at College of the Mainland and is a resident artist at Box 13 ArtSpace.
Britt Ragsdale, also a resident artist at Box 13 ArtSpace, whose work is based on social anthropology and psychoanalysis of pretense, will exhibit “Members,” a show of photography and physical response.
The exhibits will be on display from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, or by appointment, through May 31.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 5
- Houston Police Department collision call log, May 4
- City presents seven with Star Citizen award
Local Advertising by PaperG