Girl Scouts receive top honors at Nursing Discovery Program
Girl Scouts with hopes of becoming nurses recently received handmade caps from a nurse at Ben Taub General Hospital.
For the past five years, nurse Cecilia Pangandoyon has been making nurses caps for Girl Scouts aspiring to join the nursing profession during the Harris County Hospital District's annual Nursing Discovery Program, according to a press release.
This program runs immediately before National Nurses Week, which is May 6 to May 12.
The Nursing Discovery Program teaches Girl Scouts how to take vital signs and also provides them with discussions on health issues, ethics, standards and challenges in the nursing profession.
Pangandoyon has made more than 500 caps using paper donated by a local printer for the Girl Scouts. The Girl Scouts receive their caps during a special pinning ceremony where staff nurses participating in the program present a certificate to the girl and append a nursing pin to their tops, the press release stated.
- Houston Community College-Central grad Posey receives scholarship
- Houston ISD Elementary School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston ISD Middle School's lunch menu, May 20-24
- Houston Academy for International Studies student earns National Security Language Initiative schola
- Houston ISD Elementary School's breakfast menu, May 20-24
Local Advertising by PaperG